This recipe is my go to when I forgot to plan something for dinner. It creates a thin crust pizza similar to a flatbread. Top it with your favorite toppings and forget take out!
Play with new flavors-
Ideas: Creamy chèvre and prosciutto. Add green apples, arugula and a balsamic drizzle after baking
Freshly sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil
Pineapple, ham, red onion, and BBQ sauce
Buffalo sauce, shredded cooked chicken, blue cheese crumbled, and mozzarella
Super Quick Thin Crust Pizza
- 1 cup Warm water (lukewarm, not hot)
- 3 cups All-purpose unbleaced Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 4.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet Rapid rise or instant yeast
- 1 Tbsp Honey or brown sugar
- 1) Preheat the oven to 450°F with a pizza stone on the lowest rack. (If you don’t have a Pizza stone, see below.)
- 2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the lukewarm water, honey (or brown sugar) and yeast until the yeast dissolves.
- 3) Add the flour and the remaining ingredients to the water/honey/yeast, stirring to make a cohesive, somewhat sticky dough. The dough should only be mildly sticky, and easy to work with. If it's sticking to your fingers, mix in additional flour.
- 4) Divide the dough in half, shape into a rough ball, and place on a lightly floured piece of parchment or waxed paper. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes, while your oven gets good and hot.
- 5) Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll it out on a lightly greased piece of parchment paper. Each piece should make a 14-16” circle; don't worry about making it perfectly round. The rolled crust should be very thin.
- 6) Top the crust with about 3 to 4 tablespoons sauce, and your preferred toppings.
- 7) Transfer the pizza, parchment and all, to your baking stone. Bake for about 8 minutes, until the crust is brown and the toppings are heated through. Remove from the oven and serve.
NOTE: If you're not using a stone, transfer the pizza, parchment and all, to a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is brown and the toppings are cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve.