That's the first floor load- about half. There used to be stained carpet in this room. We discovered that the slightly funky smell in this house left with the carpet. Yay! We were very lucky that the subfloor is in excellent condition. So far none has to be replaced but the kitchen floor hasn't been torn out yet.
The flooring has been spread throughout the house. Ideally you'd lay each box side by side and open them- we don't have the space for that. We removed the plastic from the boxes and hope that's enough. It has to be enough. So starting on Monday or Tuesday, the flooring installation will begin. I'll make sure to post a tutorial once we get the hang of it. Would you like to see what's inside those beauuuuutiful boxes?!
¾ inch thick, 3½ inch wide, butterscotch oak. These are a thing of beauty! I'm hoping the color adds a warmth to this home. The nice thing about the company we used is that they'll send you 5 free samples. No credit card, no email address, just pick your samples and tell them where to send them. It really makes a difference to see them in person. I didn't love this color on the computer but in person it is perfect. Very- butterscotchy. ;)
So since we had to wait around for the flooring to acclimate, we were able to patch all the holes in the drywall. If you remember, we had PB pipes throughout our house. We hired a plumber to replace them with PEX- an awesome product! We opted to do the drywall repair ourselves once the plumber was done. You'll notice some patches in the above pictures and a ton of filled nail holes. The previous owners were early American antique collectors- they had walls full of neat things. But with them moving out, there were hundreds upon hundreds of nail holes everywhere. Were. Past tense. Those are now gone and I can get to painting the walls once I finish with the movers at our PA house.
Until next time!